Profiles have been produced for each of Hull’s 21 electoral ward and for Hull overall. Five profiles have also been produced for each of Hull’s geographical areas defined on the basis of the Index of Multiple Deprivation 2019 (from the most deprived fifth of areas of Hull to the least deprived fifth of areas of Hull).
A mixture of public health data, population data and Census data (with the profiles produced prior to the release of the data from the 2021 Census) are presented in each report, and includes the following information:
- Population structure (2020)
- Ethnicity (from 2011 Census)
- Household composition and tenure (from 2011 Census)
- Index of Multiple Deprivation 2019
- Fuel poverty (2020) and child poverty (2020/21)
- Benefits claimant count (March 2022, and trends from March 2013)
- Satisfaction with local areas (Hull’sHealth and Wellbeing Survey 2019)
- Feelings of trust, neighbourliness and safety (Hull’s Health and Wellbeing Survey 2019)
- Life expectancy at birth and at age 65 years (2007-11, 2012-16 and 2017-21)
- Under 75 year standardised mortality ratios (for main diseases for men and women separately) and all age standardised mortality ratios for COVID-19 for 2017-21
- Common causes of death and mortality ratio for deaths considered to be preventable 2017-21
- Most common types of cancer diagnosed 2014-18
- Emergency hospital admissions by common causes 2015/16 to 2019/20
- Hospital stays due to harm and injury by reason 2013/14 to 2017/18
- Percentage with long-term illness or disability that limits daily activities (Hull’s Health and Wellbeing Survey 2019 and 2011 Census)
- Estimated prevalence of back pain 2012
- Health status, mental wellbeing, physical activity, diet, obesity, alcohol and smoking information (Hull’s Health and Wellbeing Survey 2019)
- Estimated number of men and women aged 16+ years with lifestyle and behavioural risk factors for poor health, and percentages with combinations of lifestyle risk factors for poor health by age group
- Trends in the number of births and population projections
- Percentage of population registered with different GP practices
Information is also available at GP practice level and across the Primary Care Networks (groups of GP practices) on the Primary Care Profiles website page.
As at April 2023, there are three Area Committee Areas in Hull covering the 21 wards.
North Area Committee Area
East Area Committee Area
West Area Committee Area
This page was last updated / checked on 20 June 2023.
This page is due to be updated / checked in December 2023.